Friday, February 26, 2010

Progress, and another color idea

The chair now has FOUR coats of paint - three white and one black. I think if I didn't have a fussy baby yelling at me during coat number two I might not have needed the third, but I'd rather do thin coats than gloppy thick ones anyway.

Black base coat:
Photobucket

I almost considered painting the set black instead after seeing it, but I've wanted white so long I just couldn't do it.

After the first white coat:
Photobucket

I'm using a little paintbrush to do the crevices and then a small foam roller. It's working pretty well. Tomorrow I hope to finish sanding the table and do the black base coat on it.

Erin at House of Turquoise posted grey & turquoise rooms today and it hit me that grey would be a great alternative to my favorite combo of black & white. I've wanted an aqua accent in the room, but couldn't quite buy the idea of putting it on the chairs.

I love this fireplace
Photobucket
Ever Changing Life via House of Turquoise

We have a fireplace in the kitchen...but my husband is already unhappy with white furniture, so that might be pushing it a bit.

I like these grey fabrics, but would ivory (in the last stripe) just look dirty next to white?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment