Monday, November 9, 2009

Operation Cupcake: Fail

I promised my dear friend I'd help bake and decorate the cupcake menagerie for her daughter's birthday.

So I tried decorating some cupcakes in the simple style of thick piped icing, like these pretty cakes...



But my cupcakes turned out so ugly!


(not to mention flat due to the silicone pan I used)


I think I've figured out a couple of things I'm doing wrong, and I'm going to get some more supplies. Luckily I was able to pawn off a few cupcakes on my family but I've eaten three before noon today. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our friends!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Good luck with your revisions. I'm a pretty good baker (I've used silicone before, and nothing has turned out), but my decorating is TERRIBLE. Send some cupcakes over here! ~K

    ReplyDelete