Friday, September 25, 2009

Kitchen...

I've been thinking more and more about the burlap chairs. At first, I thought they were a terrific idea - cheap, durable, neutral - but then I realized my cat would love and adore scratching them up. I was even planning to upholster teal underneath prior to stapling on the burlap for a little color. However...not sure cat scratching post-seat cushions are the way to go for me.

Then I found this photograph
Photobucket

And I fell in love with the aqua chairs. The caned backing is so similar to mine, and I just love the pops of color. My uber-traditional husband, however? He has a hard time with WHITE furniture - can you imagine the heart attack he'd have at turquoise chairs?

So I'm on a new track. I would like a large-print turquoise houndstooth on white chairs (so yes, I'm back to upholstery), or perhaps even yellow...if I could paint the not-yet-purchased-waiting-for-the-perfect-one china cabinet turquoise. The walls in the kitchen are a neutral grey/blue, at the moment, so I think this would work.

The Michael Miller yellow houndstooth
Photobucket

I am smitten with this Duralee print - the repeat is perfect scale - but at nearly $150 a yard it is in the stratosphere concerning my budget.

Photobucket

I suppose it's a good thing I have no time to refinish the table at the moment, since I can't make up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment